|This program has been prequalified for 5.5 clock hours in domains CMP-IS Domain A: Strategic Planning and Domain E: Human Resources. Please use the email associated with your CIC profile to register.|
|12:50||Plenary session featuring Stuart Knight followed by the Marshmallow challenge with Rebecca Volk – Manager, Centre for Organizational Learning, Algonquin College|
|14:10||Plenary session – Panel moderated by Stuart Knight|
Ross Meredith – General Manager, Westin Ottawa
Steven Beckta – Owner, Play Wine and Food, Gezellig and Beckta Restaurants
John Brooman – CEO, Dragon Boat Festival
Tanya Beimers – CFO, Beau’s Brewery
Katherine Presz – Principal Planner, Ideal Protein
|14:45||Breakout sessions – Part 1 – your chance to have a fireside chat with one of the panelists above|
|15:40||Breakout sessions – Part 2 – pick another panelist to chat with|
- By interacting with delegates, learn about team building exercises that foster creativity and trust in a learning environment.
- Learn the skills required to build a contingency plan for effective event planning and management.
- Enhance networking and learning skills by interacting with delegates in smaller groups to advance different styles of learning that can help in educational and social programming.
FACE-TO-FACE, NO MATTER THE PLACE After a fulfilling day of education, the campfire experience will continue into the evening with more networking and an amazing dinner. Stuart Knight will host a panel of industry leaders which will focus on how event professionals are shaping the future of the local economy. Panelists Nathalie Carrier – Manager, Programming and Events, Ottawa 2017 Michael Crockatt – President and CEO, Ottawa Tourism Pedro Antunes – Executive Director, Economic Outlook and Analysis, and Deputy Chief Economist, Conference Board of Canada We will also find out who among our MPI chapter members know how to keep the campfire burning bright!
|5:00PM||Registration and Networking Reception|
|6:35PM||Announcement of Influence Award Winner|
|8:10PM||Announcement of Incoming Board|
- Acquire knowledge in relation to the economic impact of the meetings industry.
- Further develop your understanding of the importance of face-to-face meetings to build successful business relationships and how they impact local economies.
Spring Education Package – includes registration to both Innovation Day and GMID!
GMID Registration Fees
|Early bird on and before March 23||Regular after March 23||Early bird on and before March 23||Regular after March 23||Early bird on and before March 23||Regular after March 23|
|Lunch & afternoon program||$ 50.00||$ 65.00||–||$ 85.00||$ 30.00||$ 50.00|
|Dinner & evening program||$ 60.00||$ 80.00||–||$ 95.00||$ 40.00||$ 60.00|
|Full day||$ 100.00||$ 120.00||–||$ 175.00||$ 60.00||$ 80.00|
|Corporate tables of 10 Dinner and evening program||$ 600.00||$ 600.00||–||–||–||–|
|HST will be applied to all registration rates.|
In Kind Silver Sponsor
In Kind Bronze Sponsor
Date(s) - 06/04/2017
11:30 am - 8:30 pm
Infinity Convention Centre
Categories No Categories