Every event has uncertainties and unexpected surprises that can be detrimental without a back up plan. Join us at the Lord Elgin Hotel on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 for the MPI Jazzy June Event as we discuss Risk Management from a unique perspective. Following the education session, attendees will take a short walk to the Ottawa Jazz Fest. We will experience the festival in style from the VIP tent with two live performances as well as a behind the scenes tour with a Jazz Fest staff to round off the evening. 2016-2017 MPI volunteers can attend for a discounted rate as a show of appreciation for their hard work and dedication to the chapter’s success this year. See you there!
|Date:||Wednesday, June 28, 2017|
|Time:||4:00 PM – 10:00 PM|
|Location:||The Lord Elgin Hotel
Pearson RoomOttawa Jazz Fest
4:00-5:30 Education session at the Lord Elgin
5:30-6:30 Walk to the event, networking, food
6:30-7:30 Show at the Jazz Fest
7:30-8:30 Behind the scenes tours
8:30-10:00 Second show
|Cost:||Early: (before June 8)||Late: (June 8 and later)|
|MPI Ottawa 16-17 Volunteers||$55||$65|
Education Session: Planning for what we hope won’t ever occur!
Natural disasters, emergency evacuations, lockdowns, political protests, controversial speakers. Ottawa-area event planners have seen all these scenarios play out in recent years including:
- record flooding on the Ottawa River affecting homes, businesses and venues;
- a natural gas leak in the downtown core resulting in building evacuations;
- the lockdown of downtown office buildings, hotels and businesses following an armed attack at the War Memorial and Parliament Hill.
Planning for disasters or security situations we hope won’t ever occur is the focus of this MPI-Ottawa Chapter Education Event. We’ll also cover the different ways your attendees might react during an emergency incident, which can affect your careful planning.
CMP Domain: C – Risk Management
At the end of this workshop, participants will:
- know how to plan for attendee safety during emergency situations, evacuations or security threats;
- develop a checklist to proactively plan for unusual situations such as evacuations, lockdowns, crowd control, or speaker safety.
Rebecca Narr (lead)
Kimberly Hoy (lead)
Date(s) - 28/06/2017
3:45 pm - 10:00 pm
Lord Elgin Hotel
Categories No Categories