Global Meetings Industry Day (GMID) is intended to shine a light on the real impact meetings and events have on businesses, economies and communities. Meeting and event industry association chapters, corporations, destinations, partners and more are being encouraged to hold events in destinations all around the world to support this day of advocacy. This day, April 6th, will spotlight the substantial value derived from business meetings, conferences, conventions, incentive travel, trade shows and exhibitions.
- Leaders from across the meetings and events industry are coming together to support Global American Meetings Industry Day (GMID) on April 6, 2017.
- The meetings, conferences, conventions, incentive travel, trade shows and exhibitions industries will unite to showcase the real impact meetings and events have on businesses, economies and communities. Members of the Convention Industry Council and their network of chapters, as well as members of the Meetings Mean Business (MMB) coalition at large, will be encouraged to hold events in destinations all across the globe in support of this campaign.
One Industry, One Voice
- Business meetings and events play a critical role in connecting people and driving positive business results throughout the continent. Often the industry’s impact goes unnoticed, but the value is unmistakable. We are emphasizing the same themes for GMID as we do for the Meetings Mean Business campaign:
Great things happen when people come together. Face-to-face interaction is the platform where deals are struck, relationships are forged and ideas are generated. That’s what Meetings Mean Business is all about: showing the real power of what business meetings, conferences, conventions, incentive travel, trade shows and exhibitions collectively do for people, businesses and communities.
- Creating Personal Connections – Personal relationships are at the core of every business decision and face-to-face meetings provide professionals with that personal interaction, which leads to deeper relationships.
- Driving Positive Business Outcomes – Meetings and events deliver profits, help win new accounts, serve as education platforms and allow colleagues and partners to come together to innovate and achieve results.
- Building Strong Communities – Outside of the results driven by business meetings, the events and meetings industry creates hundreds of thousands of jobs, generates billions of dollars of revenue and supports communities across the North America.