Charity Spotlight – Announcement of Charities We Will Be Supporting Over the Next Two Years
It is with great pleasure I announce the charities the MPI Ottawa Chapter will be supporting for the next two years. Thank you to those of you who contributed suggestions. We have adopted two new organizations as a result, Hopewell and MoissonOutaouais.
Who are we supporting for 2015-2017?
How do we contribute?
- The proceeds from the monthly 50/50 draws will be divided up amongst the various organizations throughout the year.
- The proceeds from the major annual fundraising event (auction dinner) will go to the School Breakfast Program and Hopewell.
- During the annual December event, non-perishable goods will be collected, as well as monies from the “Tape-a-Twoonie” campaign, and will be given to the Ottawa Food Bank and MoissonOutaouais.
- School Breakfast Program – the committee goes into various schools to help serve breakfast.
- Ottawa Food Bank – the committee goes to the warehouse to assist with food sorting.
- Snowsuit Fund – the committee volunteers at the fund office by handing out warm clothes to those who require assistance.
- Kiwanis Club of Ottawa (Christmas Basket Program) – committee members assist with putting baskets together and help in delivering them.
Criteria for Charity Selection:
- Have its head office or satellite office in Ottawa
- Work to improve the quality of life for families, children or the elderly in our community
- Receive little or no support from government or from official funding agencies
- Use MPI Ottawa’s donations to make a difference within the community and in turn, make a significant impact within the organization chosen
- Be a project or foundation which supports the MPI community
For more information contact:
Director, Community Outreach and CSR 2015-2017
[Edited by Alicia Roachford Brathwaite, Brafford Media and Technologies Group Inc.]