Vision / Mission / Principles
Meeting Professionals International (MPI), the meeting and event industry’s most vibrant global community, helps its members thrive by providing human connections to knowledge and ideas, relationships, and marketplaces. MPI membership is comprised of more than 24,000 members belonging to 71 chapters and clubs worldwide.
To build a rich global meeting industry community.
To make our members successful by building human connections through:
Principles of Professionalism
Meeting Professionals International’s (MPI) Principles of Professionalism provide guidelines recommended for the business behavior of its members that impacts their perceived character and thus the overall image of MPI.
Commitment to these principles is implicit to membership and is essential to instilling public confidence, engaging in fair and equitable practices and building professional relationships with meeting industry colleagues. As members of Meeting Professionals International, we are responsible for ensuring that the meeting industry is held in the highest public* regard throughout the world. Our conduct directly impacts this result.
Maintaining Professional Integrity:
- Honestly REPRESENT AND ACT within one’s areas of professional competency and authority without exaggeration, misrepresentation or concealment.
- AVOID actions which are or could be perceived as a conflict of interest or for individual gain.
- OFFER OR ACCEPT only appropriate incentives, goods and services in business transactions.
Utilizing Professional Business Practices:
- HONOR written and oral contracts, striving for clarity and mutual understanding through complete, accurate and timely communications, while respecting legal and contractual rights of others.
- ENSURE rights to privacy and protect confidentiality of privileged information received verbally, in writing, or electronically.
- REFRAIN from misusing solicited information, proposals or concepts.
- COMMIT to the protection of the environment by responsible use of resources in the production of meetings.
- ACTIVELY PURSUE educational growth through training, sharing of knowledge, expertise and skills, to advance the meeting industry.
- EMBRACE AND FOSTER an inclusive business climate of respect for all peoples regardless of national origin, race, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental impairment.
*Encompasses oneself, the association, fellow members, meeting attendees, clients and customers, suppliers and planners, employers and the general public. Adherence to these Principles of Professionalism signifies professionalism, competence, fair dealing and high integrity. Failure to abide by these principles may subject a member to disciplinary action, as set forth in the Bylaws of Meeting Professionals International.